This main focus of this role is the monitoring and analysis of AML transaction patterns and WLM (watch list monitoring) alerts. The successful candidate will also be instrumental in providing analytical functions involved with the daily monitoring of the activities related to AML and Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF) compliance programs. This consists of monitoring and reviewing data produced by the system to determine if transactions are suspicious in nature following production of alerts and dealing with them in line with deadlines set. The individual will need to ensure that they are aware of scenarios requiring monitoring and expectation of client's activity against their expected trading profile.
- Daily support for Norkom WLM filtering and referrals.
- Daily analysis of AML alerts to ensure trade activity within agreed trading scenarios.
- Compilation of client trading profiles and good understanding of expected trading activity.
- Assist with devising and implementing enhancements and controls to the process where applicable.
- Good understanding and experience of trade finance business activity.
- Escalating any suspicious activity/concerns to the Compliance Officer/ line management.
- Work with Compliance department to review process and policies
- Production of monthly MIS
- Periodic client profile reviews
- Ad-hoc duties as required
- Banking background
- Good understanding of AML monitoring and risks.
- Good understanding of WLM/AML processes
- Net Reveal Detica and Riskshield advantageous
- Experience of trade finance business activity.