At Goldman Sachs, SRE's Platforms team is responsible for designing, developing, and operating distributed systems that provide observability for Goldman's mission-critical applications and platform services. These systems span across on-premises data centers and multiple public cloud environments. We design and build highly scalable tools which provide the following functions to our global engineering teams:
- Metrics and monitoring / alerting
- Log collection and analysis
The products and services we provide to our internal customers are used by thousands of engineers every day. We believe that reliability is the most important feature of any system, and we are devoted to giving our engineers the tools they need to build and operate reliable products.
We are looking for talented software engineers who are customer-oriented, motivated to create high-quality user experiences, and able to adapt to changes in our fast-paced, global business environment.
How You Will Fulfil Your Potential
As a software engineer developer in the SRE Platforms team, you will work with customers, product managers, and SRE experts to define observability product features and drive their requirements and implementation. You will be responsible for designing and developing large-scale distributed systems to handle various aspects of Observability a global scale. You will run a production environment spanning multiple cloud providers and on-prem datacentres.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: Java, Go, C++, Python, C.
- Excellent programming skills - developing, debugging, testing, and optimizing code.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, and software design.
- Experience with distributed systems design, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Comfortable with technical ownership, managing multiple stakeholders, and working as part of a global team
- Experience with distributed databases like Mongo, Hadoop, Cassandra or ElasticSearch
- Experience with open-source messaging like Kafka/ Rabbit MQ etc.
- Knowledge of cloud-native solutions in AWS or GCP
- Experience modifying open-source software products, collaborating and upstreaming changes
- Strong interpersonal skills, drive, and ownership.