Selby Jennings is working with one of the world's first financial institutions to provide lending and liquidity to investors in alternative assets.
The firm is looking for a Cloud DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for designing and implementing cloud-based solutions.
- Deliver, implement, and maintain high-quality technical solutions, including configuration and maintenance of cloud-based systems, primarily in AWS, but will also include some Azure environments
- Analyze new cloud-based offerings to identify opportunities to help reduce costs and improve the IT service
- Support the implementation of cloud-based solutions, analyze cloud requirements, and perform architecture and sizing validations in a highly regulated environment
- Drive operational efficiencies with Infrastructure as Code, automation, and orchestrations. Build tools and processes for DevOps
- Develop and support the configuration management tasks using Ansible playbooks and AWS step functions
- Perform incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered
- Support cloud architecture designs that address regulatory, compliance, and security requirements as well as business and availability requirements
- Develop and maintain a library of automation design scripts, processes, and procedures that are tested, documented, and deploy-able
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Expert in AWS technologies and services
- IaaS/PaaS/SaaS and containers experience (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with ELK Stack and other monitoring tools
- Strong understanding in AWS CloudFormation templates and Ansible playbooks
- Experience with micro services & server-less architecture along with their deployment methodologies
- Infrastructure automation through scripting (PowerShell, Python, and Ansible, etc.)
- Scripting experience in Python, Bash, etc.
- Knowledge with source control tools like GitHub and its integration with code deploy tools
- Skilled in AWS Code pipeline services, including code build and code, deploy through cloud formation/SAM.
- Proficient experience with Azure technologies and services
- Knowledge with modern service hostings, security, and risk management concerns such as IAM, access control, and monitoring
- Familiarity in orchestration and configuration management tool like Ansible and the ability to create playbooks
- Experience with AWS step functions and the ability to develop automated workflows for CI/CD and other repetitive tasks
- Skilled in operating solutions and implementing cloud-based information systems in a highly regulated environment
- 7+ years of experience
- 3+ years of professional experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies
- AWS/Azure certifications desired
- DevOps background and with CI/CD experience