Our client, the world's largest startup incubators and one of the most active VC's in Silicon Valley, is looking for a Corporate Counsel to join their legal department! The Corporate Counsel will report directly to the General Counsel, joining a 15 person legal team. With presences in not only the U.S. but also LATAM, APAC, and European markets, this hire will be joining a global organization with aggressive plans for growth. The position also presents the opportunity for growth into a leadership role, as the General Counsel expects this hire would move into an Associate General Counsel level role in 1-2 years time.
Responsibilities of the Corporate Counsel:
- Direct due diligence and financings for investments in both U.S. and LATAM tech startups
- Develop templates for investments in U.S. startups and work closely with outside counsel for templates in LATAM startups
- Provide corporate governance advice for the firm's portco's
Qualifications of the Corporate Counsel:
- 3-6 years experience in the EC/VC group at a top law firm
- J.D., top tier law school
Should you background match the above and the position is of interest, please do not hesitate to apply!