The Global Systems team at this leading proprietary trading firm is responsible for the maintenance of computers, networks, storing data, their complete operating systems and the software that makes up their worldwide trading strategies 24/7.
They're looking for an addition to their team to perform critical data center operations and to be responsible for performing network and server installations/repairs alongside typical hardware and network maintenance on the day-to-day. They have numerous data center locations across London and all of Europe.
- To support all data center elements of global team projects
- Coordinate with vendors for repairs and on-site maintenance
- Management of inventory
- Linux server and network device configuration
- Simple troubleshooting
- Daily data center maintenance/operations
- Regular travel to onsite locations
- Physical decommissioning of hardware
- Racking and cabling hardware in data centers
- Excellent communication skills
- Preference for previous hands-on experience with Linux operating systems
- Preference for previous hands-on experience with network operating systems
- Comfortable with systems configuration management and monitoring
If of interest, please apply with a copy of your resume and someone will be in touch shortly to discuss!