We are currently partnered with a multi-billion dollar publicly-traded company that is looking to add a Director to their Corporate Development team. The Director will be responsible for driving inorganic growth through M&A and Ventures investments. The team collaborates closely with senior leaders across all functional areas as well as external executives, investors and advisors. This role reports into the VP, Head of Finance.
The Corporate Development Director will be involved in the full transaction life-cycle from strategy formulation and target identification through execution and integration. The Director will be responsible for identifying opportunities for inorganic growth, quarterbacking the M&A and investment process, leading due diligence, building financial models, defining integration plans, and leading integration efforts with cross-functional teams.
The Corporate Development Director will be responsible for:
- Researching markets, monitor competitors, and identify key trends
- Partner with leaders on acquisition strategy development and build/buy/partner decisions
- Identify, establish relationships with and evaluate potential acquisition and investment opportunities
- Play significant role in deal execution including structuring, negotiations, due diligence, financial modeling, integration and project/process management
- Operationalize Corporate Development processes to help the company scale
- Support existing portfolio of acquisitions and investments
The Corporate Development Director should have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of M&A Investment Banking Transaction Experience; Corporate Development experience within the industrial industry a strong plus
- Experience defining and communicating the value and impact of a potential acquisition
- Curiosity and knowledge around the Industrial industry and related trends
- Experience managing team members