An industry leading Reinsurance firm is looking to hire an Enterprise Risk Manager to join their team in Connecticut. This is a key hire for the company as they work to enhance their ERM frameworks and will offer exposure to a number of areas such as risk governance, risk assessments, risk reporting to regulators and the Board, and business continuity.
This person will be responsible for working across groups and departments to understand risks at every level, assist in key projects such as maturing their Third-Party Risk Management frameworks, and will get exposure to senior management and the ability to feel comfortable presenting and communicating with the C-suite early in their career.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of Operational Risk or Enterprise Risk experience, strong attention to detail, a risk and control mindset, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Provide ORM oversight of policies and procedures, risk assessments, risk frameworks, risk reporting, and business resiliency
- Support and promote a strong risk management culture by relationship building with the business groups and senior management
- Collaborate across all groups and levels to properly understand the risks and develops KRIs
- Ensure timely delivery of assessments and ensure that identification, planning and responses are organized and current
- Develop business continuity plans for business processes
- Assist in building out a strong third-party risk management framework
- 3+ years of experience in Operational Risk or Enterprise Risk
- Experience in Financial Services or the Insurance industry
- Knowledge of ERM/ORM frameworks, risk assessments, KRIs and risk reporting, and business continuity
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work closely with/present to senior management
- Strong technical writing skills are strongly preferred