A Global Commodity Trading House is looking for a motivated and experienced Head of Market Risk to come in and lead the entire Market Risk Management function, applying their strong knowledge and experience in the Gas & Power markets. You will be expected to work closely with the traders, Market Risk, Finance and senior management teams and provide support across the business. You will be responsible for leading and motivating a medium sized team during projects, ensuring deadlines are met on time.
- Responsible for the maintenance and development of the companies Market Risk Management function, ensuring it aligns closely with the risk framework.
- Ability to manage and oversee the Market Risk Management team, from hiring needs through to project delivery.
- Responsible for developing strong relationships with key stakeholders and senior management by addressing and rectifying any concerns effectively
- Daily monitoring, analysis and reporting of the P&L.
- Enhance the internal Risk Management framework, ensuring the companies immediate and future commercial activities are taken into consideration in order to mitigate risk.
- Integrate new risk management policies, procedures and any compliance requests across the business, ensuring all relevant parties and functions are in coordination with the set operations.
- Carryout risk assessments for current and new business activities.
- Communicate effectively with other functions across the business, supporting, reviewing and amending any reports or issues raised.
- A degree in Quantitative Finance, Mathematics, Physics, or other science disciplines.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of commodity options on physical assets including storage, swing, optimisation and optionality.
- Ability to communicate ideas and findings fluently in English (written and spoken).
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing and result driven environment, with the determination to learn and show resilience
- 5 years+ experience working in the energy sector across the Market Risk or Risk Management space.
- Strong knowledge of the Gas & Power markets, including energy trading and its related products.
- Strong IT skills in VBA/Excel with the ability to get hands-on within projects.