We are working alongside our client, a leading commercial and investment bank, on their search for an Internal Controls Specialist to join their headquarters in Vienna. They are looking for someone with a strong financial services background to perform a series of varied tasks focusing on internal controls and credit risk management processes.
The Internal Controls Specialist will:
- Focus on the implementation of ICS framework relating to credit products in particular, assessing the relevant specifications and requirements in order to evaluate credit controls
- Coordinate and report back to Senior Management committees
- Be prepared to visit other branches in order to ensure quality is maintained across the region and to deliver relevant training sessions
- Use agile approaches to identify potential improvements in the processes within the relevant areas
- Be aware of best practices throughout the region pertaining to ICS methodology to ensure that the highest standards are maintained
- Possess a bachelor's or master's degree in a relevant field, i.e. economics, finance, etc.
- Already have an in-depth understanding of regulatory requirements in the banking sector, particularly regarding banking processes and products
- Have had a significant amount of relevant professional experience pertaining to internal controls within a financial services institution, including practical experience with credit products and credit risk management
- Be interested in working alongside a diverse and international team
- Have strong analytical as well as interpersonal skills and be comfortable in making presentations to Senior Management
- Certifications such as the CIA or IAS are preferable
- Possess fluent verbal and written skills in English and ideally German
Our client is a leading banking group who have performed significantly better than their competitors over the last 12 months and are now looking to expand their activities in the region.
To apply for the Internal Controls Specialist role, please contact Tom Flint, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Selby Jennings, with your CV at
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!