Responsibilities may include:
- Conducting primary, in-depth research by analyzing financial statements, real- time data and surveys
- Consulting third-party data sources to gather and compile data
- Supporting Analysts in developing and updating models in Excel
- Interpreting and using complex data to develop actionable steps that will improve and optimize results
- Communicating relevant company and industry information to Analysts
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree with strong GPA (required)
- At least 2 years of work experience at a high quality institution, with strong performance reviews and top ranking amongst peer group
- Interest in one or more of Consumer, TMT, Real Estate, Health Care, and Cyclical sectors and equity investing
- Language skills: Mandarin (native), English (fluent)
The ideal candidate possesses the following traits:
- Independence of thought: we strive to be unbiased and develop objective, data-centric theses to drive investment decisions.
- Efficient communication: our research efforts are extensive, but our ideas are communicated clearly and simply.
- Autonomous and self-starting: we are a team of high-performing, motivated investment professionals; we are proactive and direct our own work.
- Intellectual honesty: we value the ability to see the truth, even amidst confusion and conflict. We strive to recognize the current, correct investment decision rather than simply continuing to advocate for prior recommendations.
- Passion for research and investing: our team is engaged and excited to pursue differentiated research, supported by the firm's significant resources.