A leading financial company is seeking a Java Software Engineer to join their growing organization. Utilizing the most cutting-edge technology, the Java Software Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of custom solutions and products to be used by some of the industries most reputable banking and financial services organizations. The Software Engineer will be part of a collaborative team of technologists developing industry leading applications.
- Assume ownership for the design and development of applications and new products
- Write high quality testable code in order to complete applications.
- Contribute to existing product enhancement
- Leverage experience to provide production support, investigating and fixing production issues
- Present technical designs of work performed to the various groups (including Development, QA, BA and the business)
- Degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- 5+ years of experience in software development preferably within banking or financial services
- Expertise in programming with Java
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of software design and programming principles.
- In-depth knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using development tools
- In-depth knowledge of coding and application design principles. Depending on the specialization, application developers need to know the right programming language to code for the operating system they are designing for