A leading technology driven high-frequency trading firm that has a global trading presence is now on the search for a Lead DevOps Engineer to join their IT infrastructure team.
The role for this IT infrastructure team is based in London which is the core tech hub for the firm's global activity. This team is tasked to create and manage complex systems and manage highly available low latency platforms to enable their traders to perform at the highest standards.
As the Lead DevOps Engineer you will be a key decision maker for the firm globally and will be reporting directly into the IT leadership team. So if you are an engineer that loves automating, has a thrill for diving deep into problems and has an infrastructure as a code mindset, click the button that says apply.
- Deliver a reliable, highly scalable and cost effective Linux platform
- Lead the firm's long term vision for automation and high availability and everything Linux related
- Be one of the key point of contacts globally for Linux infrastructure
- Collaborate with the other teams and try to provide solutions to understand usage, availability, latency and design requirements and that need to be delivered into production
- Troubleshoot and solve problems quickly
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science or a related field
- Ideally hands on experience as an individual contributor with (Python, Bash, Shell, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Prometheus, & Jenkins)
- Expert in knowledge of Linux and good understand of networking
- Ability and drive to manage multiple task in a fast paced environment making key decisions
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of low latency or prior experience in financial environments would be a bonus
- International firm - London, Amsterdam, Singapore, Sydney and Hong Kong
- Flexible working (Yes this means remote is allowed)
- Free gym membership
- Private healthcare and dental care
- Very strong competitive compensation package