We are working alongside our client, a leading FinTech start-up and digital bank, in their search for Lead Internal Auditor to join their headquarters in Berlin. The role involves taking responsibility for leading a young and expanding team and performing relevant audit engagements. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career in a dynamic environment with a fast-growing and industry-leading employer.
The Lead Internal Auditor will:
- Be able to lead and shape an internal audit department, reporting directly to the Management Board
- Create and implement an annual audit plan in line with the needs of the business
- Be responsible for delegating responsibility for a variety of audits
- Support other departments in related matters when additional help is needed
- Have at least 8 years of professional experience in a relevant position
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of audit processes in a banking/financial services environment
- Have experience in leading teams and building up key skills within direct reports
- Be a committed and assertive team member with pronounced social and analytical skills
- Ideally have relevant qualifications such as the CIA
- Be fluent in German and also have advanced communication skills in English
As Lead Internal Auditor you can expect:
- To work alongside and lead a diverse and highly-motivated team
- To join a rising star in the German FinTech market at their headquarters
- An attractive compensation package in line with market standards
- A vibrant corporate culture with a focus on team-fit
- Workshops and training catered to your professional needs
- A wide variety of corporate benefits
Our client is a renowned FinTech who are based in Berlin and undergoing a rapid period of expansion, providing the opportunity to build out a team within a successful business in a growing sector.
To apply for the Lead Internal Auditor role with our client, please contact Tom Flint, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Selby Jennings, with your CV at
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!