Linux System Engineer
I am currently working with an elite high frequency trading firm in the world sourcing for a Linux System Admin that will work on troubleshooting and problem solve technical issues. This is an onsite role as you will be dealing with physical hardware, but there is no on-call aspect whatsoever.
This firm is looking for someone who can build out and support trading infrastructure, you will be overseeing communication with others internally - project managing across different functions to plan exchange upgrades, hardware refreshes, and other improvements/rollouts.
* Perform root-cause analysis to develop sustainable automated solutions
* Technically able to support and troubleshoot alerts and errors
* Keep up communication with new and existing external vendors on technical infrastructure work.
* Interfaces --- day-to-day operation, planning connectivity, exchange upgrades
* Navigate through operational, risk and market monitoring alerts with savvy communication skills to interact with external entities and internal counterparts.
* Build out and support trading infrastructure
* Able to edit and create scripts in Python
* Proficiency in SQL and Linux systems
* Applicable network knowledge, good working knowledge of TCP/IP
* Experience developing solutions for execution systems --- sustainable, long-term solutions.
* Experience delivering or deploying large-scale software in production environments
* Systems Architecture - knowledge and experience with distributed systems
* Software Architecture - knowledge and understanding of large code maintenance and enhancement
* Flexible to design technology solutions most suitable to each individual situation
* Highly analytical mindset
This is a full time w2 role, the firm offers relocation package and sponsorship!!