The Actuary Manager, Health Economics reports to the Vice President, Health Economics, and serves as a critical member of the Health Economics leadership team. This position would have exposure to extremely high-level analytics and would be a work-from-home position anywhere within the continental US.
- Work with the Health Plan-appointed actuary to ensure satisfactory filings of annual Statements of Actuarial Opinion and associated memorandum.
- Develop product pricing levels, factors, and methods to ensure premium and revenue flow adequate to cover medical and administrative costs and profit margins for the various product lines consistent with corporate strategic goals.
- Advise Health Plan senior management on the financial impact of any special pricing or contract arrangements which may affect Health Plan financial profitability.
- Direct the development and assessment of underwriting methods and tools in order to enhance the ability of underwriting staff to accurately identify and quantify risk to produce price quotes which appropriately match premium to risk.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, economics, or related field required.
- Experience with one of the following: value-based reimbursement, population health, segmentation/ stratification, claims development
- At least 6 years of experience of actuarial work in health insurance/managed care or equivalent training/education.