Role Responsibilities for Maritime Analyst:
- Leverage in-house technology and collaborate with the data-science, engineering and sales & marketing teams as a shipping markets expert to assist with research and curating market data.
- Provide input and support to the creation and development of solutions within the set data and technology parameters.
- Expand the database by researching and curating market or other data, directly or through partnerships.
- Identify, monitor, and report on interesting trends in shipping and commodities markets.
- Transfer your expertise in freight & commodities market fundamentals and operations to colleagues such as product managers, engineers and data scientists.
- Contribute to marketing & client engagement both for in-house SaaS and Pools businesses.
- Create and manage a regular cadence of market insights which showcases the technology and corresponding competitive advantages.
Individual Attributes for Maritime Analyst:
- Prior experience in at least one of the shipping segments (tankers or dry bulk).
- Sound understanding of global commodity trade flows.
- Track record of producing own market analysis and insights.
- Skilled at manipulating, analysing, and visualising data using relevant, modern tools beyond Excel.
- At least one of SQL/Python and R/Tableau is essential.
- Eligibility to work in the UK without visa sponsorship.