A top bulge-bracket bank is looking to add headcount to their Market Risk team covering their securitized product/credit trading portfolio. This role will sit on the trade floor and you'll be accountable for supporting six to twelve traders on a daily basis. This individual will report directly to the Head of Securitized Products Market Risk, and will gain significant exposure to the business side as the team runs quite lean by nature.
- Identify and evaluate market risks associated with the securitized products business, with a specific focus on ABS, RMBS, CLOs, and residential credit
- Understand and refine risk appetite parameters
- Calculate the necessary risk metrics - VaR, stress testing, scenario analysis, etc.
- Support the head of the group in analysis related to new product evaluation and onboarding
- Work across teams to ensure risk model approvals
- Work directly with the front office to help them understand their risk taking abilities
- 3+ years of experience in market risk
- Advanced degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Stats, etc.
- Strong knowledge of fixed income products, ideally credit products