An international energy trading company is expanding its Asia market and is seeking a motivated and capable Power Trader for their trading team based in Japan.
This is an exciting career opportunity for candidates who have a keen interest and relevant experience in the growing gas and power space and comes with a strong desire to build a career within commodities sales and trading.
- Responsible for monitoring energy markets and making short-term trades on the physical power market
- You will build on your current relationships and establish new connections with traders, asset managers, counterparties and clients.
- You will use your analytical and problem-solving skills to forecast operational and risk issues and manage trading strategies to optimise portfolios
- Identify and discuss ideas with the team on long-term growth strategies across the Asian and Japanese markets
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 5 years of practical power trading experience
- Ability to speak Japanese as candidate is required to focus on the Japan market
- Strong understanding and networks across Japan's power markets with exposures in different price areas
- Knowledge of power system economics and/or operations would be a plus
- Experience in trading futures or forward products would be a plus
- Driven and eager to perform in the competitive trading market