Our client is a leading international energy business focusing on the marketing and trading of electricity, natural gas and renewable energy within Japan. They are in a dynamic growth phase are are seeking a Power Trader for their trading team in Japan.
You will be responsible for day to day power transactions, commodity hedging, price and demand analytics and deal structuring. This opportunity is for someone who is driven, interested in the Japanese energy market and looking for a stable and growing platform to perform in.
- Be involved in setting up trading ability with counterparties across Japan
- Maintain and enhance the team's power fundamental model and work with the international team to further develop effective fundamental analysis tools
- Identify and make sense of price formation, supply/demand, bids/asks and activity in the market
- Hands-on in nominations, commodity operations and trade execution on exchanges via broker/customers
- Build and maintain strong relationships in the industry.
The Ideal Candidate
- Fluency in Japanese required as the role requires the constant dealing with Japanese customer base
- Proficiency in business English
- At least 3 years of professional experience in international commodity trading (such as power, environmental products, LNG/Gas, oil, products)
- Strong risk management capabilities, solid background in middle office can be considered
- Possess strong quantitative skills with the ability to analyse complex data and fundamentals
- Team player who enjoys contributing in a team and can perform independently where required