Principal Software Engineer | AWS, High Performance Computing | Elite Hedge Fund | Boston
One of Boston's most Prestigious Hedge Funds is building out a new team to redefine the scope and performance of their data processing systems and infrastructure. This team will work in a greenfield environment, designing brand new systems from scratch.
In this role, you will architect and implement AWS and other high performance computing solutions to massively increase the scale of data that the quantitative research, analytics, and trading teams are able to leverage. This team has already identified AWS, Python, Big Data, and HPC technologies to build their initial POCs, but you will also be asked to introduce new technologies as development progresses.
Define the future of high-performance trading systems:
- Introduce and evaluate cutting edge Big Data, HPC, and Cloud technologies to ensure infrastructure is secure, reliable, and performance is scalable years into the future
- Design and build a next-generation data processing system from scratch
- Act as a critical thought leader, consulting and mentoring other teams as they eventually adopt these new systems and technologies
- BS or equivalent degree
- 8+ years of hands-on software development or data engineering experience
- Significant expertise with multiple AWS services (Kinesis, Lambda, EMR, Glue, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch Service, Redshift, Athena, QuickSight, etc.)
- Expertise with Python, Spark, and Hadoop
- Experience working in Financial Services, ideally supporting performance sensitive trading systems
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes
- Extremely competitive employee benefits program, 401K, and compensation package
- One of the best-rated work cultures and work/life balances in the business
- Casual dress, collaborative teams, and work from home flexibility