An industry-leading Proprietary Trading firm based in Chicago is looking to hire a Risk Analyst to work directly with the Head of Risk as they look to build out a centralized risk management function. The firm currently manages more than $5B AUM and trade across all asset classes, including equities/credit and associated derivatives, FX, Rates, Commodities, Cryptos, etc. Additionally, the firm has a global presence as they have offices across the US, London, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Zurich.
This will be the first Risk Analyst hire under the Head of Risk. They envision this team to be front-office facing and to directly provide analytical support the traders, so they are looking to find a candidate with 1-3 years of experience, strong technical skills, excellent knowledge of the markets, and the ability to work directly with the front office. This is a great opportunity to join a team at the ground floor.
- Work with the head of risk in developing and implementing risk frameworks and processes
- Build and implement analytical risk dashboards to monitor trading activity across a number of complex trading strategies
- Build and enhance tools to configure models to help manage risk
- Support risk models, methodologies, and risk management reporting
- Actively monitor and manage the market risk across the firm's portfolios
- Work closely with the developer team to develop risk management tools
- Run and automate processes and perform ad-hoc data analysis
- Work directly with the traders and help them understand their risk taking abilities
- Assist in the production of key risk metrics such as VaR, stress-testing, scenario analysis, etc.
- Advanced degree is preferred but not required
- 1-3 years of professional work experience, ideally in market risk, investment risk, or quantitative risk capacity
- Strong knowledge of financial markets
- Programming experience with Python, SQL, and VBA
- Strong analytical and organizational skills