An industry leading proprietary trading firm is looking to hire a risk manager to be based in their New York office. The firm trades across all asset classes including equities, fixed income, commodities, cryptos, futures, options, etc., and manages a little over 5 billion in total assets. The firm has been growing across the front office for the first half of the year and is now prioritizing senior level risk hiring across their United States offices.
This role will require strong interpersonal skills given that you will be working directly with the front office and will require additional quantitative skills for certain projects. The firm is looking for an experienced candidate who can be the point person for risk in the New York office and assist in the development of the firm's risk infrastructure.
- Work directly with the head of risk in developing and implementing risk frameworks for their US trading businesses
- Maintain risk frameworks for various trading strategies
- Create dashboards to monitor trading activity and assess potential risk exposures
- Work directly with the front office and apply portfolio optimization tools to maximize risk-adjusted returns
- Provide risk reporting and present to senior management in various committees
- Lead projects to innovate how the firm approaches risk management and develop tools to more efficiently assess risk
- Work with traders and develop hedging strategies
- 5+ years of experience
- Deep knowledge across asset classes - equities, fixed income, commodities, FX, cryptos, etc.
- Proficiency with SQL, VBA and Python
- Ability to build credibility with the front office