A leading carrier is looking to have a Senior Actuarial analyst join their Medicare team. This role offers immense growth opportunities, exam support, and a welcoming work environment.
Job Title: Senior Actuarial Analyst - Medicare Team
Company: Leading Health Carrier
Job Summary: As a Senior Actuarial Analyst on the Medicare team, you will be responsible for leveraging your actuarial expertise to support and enhance their Medicare products. You will work collaboratively with a cross-functional team to ensure that our Medicare offerings remain competitive, compliant with regulations, and financially sustainable. Your insights and analyses will contribute to data-driven decision-making and drive positive changes in our Medicare programs.
- Data Analysis: Collect, analyze, and interpret actuarial data related to Medicare products to identify trends, assess risk, and project financial outcomes.
- Pricing and Product Development: Contribute to the development and pricing of Medicare insurance products, ensuring they are competitive, compliant, and financially viable.
- Reserving: Calculate and maintain accurate reserves for Medicare products while regularly assessing their adequacy.
- Financial Modeling: Create and maintain financial models to support long-term planning and budgeting for Medicare offerings.
- Forecasting: Develop and maintain actuarial forecasts for Medicare, including claims, utilization, and membership trends, to facilitate business planning.
- Regulatory Compliance: Stay updated on Medicare regulations and ensure the company's compliance. Provide guidance on the impact of regulatory changes on Medicare operations.
- Risk Assessment: Collaborate with the risk management team to assess and mitigate potential risks associated with Medicare products.
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field.
- 4+ exams passed towards ASA Designation
- 4+ years of actuarial experience in the health insurance industry, with a focus on Medicare.
- Proficiency in actuarial modeling software, such as Excel, R, or SAS.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.