Our client, one of the world's largest Consumer Banks, is looking to hire an experienced and qualified Senior Operational Risk Director to own and reshape the firms RCSA program. The successful candidate will be accountable for the effective implementation of the Operational Risk framework providing credible advice and challenge to 1LOD and Chief Risk Officer focusing on the identification, analysis, and assessment of Operational Risks. The incumbent will report directly into the Global Head of Operational Risk where they will drive a strong risk management culture, influencing senior leaders.
The Senior Operational Risk Director will be responsible for…
- Leading a small team of RCSA specialists who will independently assess risk challenging existing and proposed practices and processes.
- Establishing and overseeing the implementation of Operational Risk policies, standards, governance standards and tools including technology
- Monitoring the efficacy of internal controls
- Assessing, current and emerging operational risks to all business activities proactively ensuring mitigation processes are established and implemented
- Operational Risk capital requirements
The Senior Operational Risk Director should have the following qualifications…
- 15+ years of relevant experience with 10 years experience gained in an operational risk seat within a large Consumer Bank or Cards business
- Experience of owning a large Consumer Bank's RCSA program highly preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication skills and stakeholder management skills
- Strong analytical skills