Risk Management function is responsible for overseeing risk-taking activities across the Bank. This function is a key component of second line of defense. Risk Management goals are to ensure that both risks inherent to the Bank's activity and risks related to the environment in which operates are identified, assessed, treated, monitored and reported appropriately to the confines of the Bank's Risk Appetite. We also aim to set up a robust risk framework to have the ability to react to unknown risks.
- Act as Basel III CRD IV subject matter expert for operational risk subjects,
- Develop operational risk management policy & procedures, monitor the Bank's operational risk management,
- Develop and implement an Incident Reporting and Response System to address the bank operational risk incidents (breaches), respond to alleged policy violations, or complaints from external parties,
- Implement risk policies and procedures,
- Responsible for the internal control, evaluating the effectiveness of internal control, drawing a conclusion from the evaluation and issuing the results report,
- Maintain and improve the operational risk standards in line with Luxembourg regulatory requirements,
- Work closely with line managers to identify risk issues, and promote solutions to manage risks,
- Support the risk identification and assessment by using Key Risk/Performance Indicators, Risk & Control Self-Assessment, etc
- Support the risk monitoring processes,
- Support the production of risk reporting, both to the Head Office as well as to the regulators,
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis of risks and controls,
- Assist in preparing credit assessments on corporates, providing credit recommendations.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Strong experience in risk management regulations: CSSF circulars, Basel III, CRD IV
- University graduate with a minimum of 3 years as an operation risk analyst or internal control,
- Delivery focused with the ability to prioritize, assess the materiality of issues, and ability to work in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment,
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and confidence in interaction with middle and senior management,
- Excellent English verbal and writing skills; any additional European language would be considered an asset.
- Risks focused, analytical thinking,
- Hands-on approach, autonomy,
- High attendance and regularity