Senior Platform Engineer
Remote out of Texas or North Carolina
A Global Asset Manager firm is currently looking for a Senior Platform Engineer that will work on leading the design and development of platform and services that underpin all of their applications across a variety technical domains. They are looking for a hands-on engineer to join our team and own the platform's strategy for SDLC services.
The firm itself handles over a trillion in assets and what is historically had old fashioned technologies, and they are now looking to take a more nuanced tech approach.
What you might work on:
- Own the strategy for SDLC services, including design/implementation, roadmap, and operations support plan for developer tools, version control systems, and CI/CD pipelines
- Migrate on-premise systems to SaaS/cloud-based offerings, where appropriate
- Develop software solutions using scripting and back-end technologies
- Experience developing software solutions
- Experience designing, implementing, and/or supporting CI/CD systems and services
- Working knowledge of version control, artifact management systems, and deployment automation
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Deep familiarity with Linux and related technologies
- Familiarity with Windows and related technologies
- Experience developing software in Python (or equivalent), Terraform (or equivalent), and Ansible (or equivalent)
- Financial services industry experience