A top U.S.-based Clearing House is looking to hire a Senior Quantitative Analyst to their Model Risk Management team based in Jersey City, NJ. The firm is a leader in automating, centralizing, and streamlining processes in Capital Markets, and provides clearing and information services for equities, corporate and muni bonds, investment trusts, mortgage backed securities, money market products, and OTC derivatives.
For this position, you will be joining a lean team that is accountable for model validation across a broad range of products. This team is relied upon by a number of groups, including Quants, Product Risk, IT, Risk Management, and clients. The firm is looking for an experienced candidate, with strong, hands-on quantitative skills, and the ability to be a point person for stakeholders.
- Perform quality control testing on models to ensure compliance with internal/external requirements
- Conduct end to end validations and reviews of specific models, and assess model risks of model design, scenario design, model usage, model implementation, model performance, model control, and performance monitoring
- Enforce model documentation standards across the firm and identify gaps and build action plans to remediate the gaps
- Perform data review and control; additionally set up monitoring thresholds
- Act as a lead and present quality control and data review results to the Model Risk Governance and Risk Management Committees
- 5+ years of experience in a quantitative discipline
- Masters degree preferred
- Knowledge of prepayment modeling, MBS pricing is a plus
- Strong mathematical background
- Strong programming skills in Python, SQL, and VBA