A Top American Investment Bank is hiring a Senior Vice President to cover the North American Rates business with a specific emphasis on non-linear rates products.
This hire will sit in the NY office and join a lean team responsible for covering all market risks associated with the firm's Rates business (G10 Rates).
The candidate will be responsible for covering the Rates trading desk and non-linear rates products (swaptions, structured notes, inflation products, mortgage options, etc), working cross-functionally with the modeling teams for model review and validation, providing controls through stress and risk limits, and working closely with the traders and senior management on all risk metrics and concerns.
The firm is ideally looking for candidates with 5+ years of Market Risk experience covering rates, extensive knowledge of rates products and risk measurements (VaR, stress testing, etc.), experience with SQL and VBA (Python experience is a plus), and the ability to communicate effectively and work with the traders and senior management.
- Identifying and evaluating all market risk associated with the firm's Rates business for North America
- Working cross-functionally with the modeling teams on all review, validation, modeling assumptions, and risk control
- Risk reporting for all exposures and drivers of risk and PnL.
- Setting risk limits and monitoring
- Working closely with the traders and senior management
- 5+ years of Market Risk experience covering rates products
- Extensive knowledge of non-linear rates products (swaptions, structured notes, inflation products, mortgage options, etc).
- Proficiency in SQL, Excel, and VBA (Python experience a plus)
- Strong communicative skills
- Strong knowledge/understanding of statistical or financial modeling