This trading firm is looking to expand their team by adding a Linux Systems Engineer. This role can be based in either Austin, TX or New York City. This opportunity is Hybrid, with about 3 days a week in office.
- 5+ YOE in Linux/Unix administration.
- Strong scripting ability.
- Kernel tuning experience.
- BIOS configuration.
- Networking protocols (NFS, DHCP, IP, TCP, YDP, TFTP, NTP)
- Knowledge in Yum, Kickstart, Git, Ansible, SVN.
- Highly motivated and strategic thinker.
- Create, test, deploy, and maintain packages, batch files, and scripts for OS environment.
- Analyze, diagnose, and resolve Linux based server issues.
- Liaise with internal technology groups and vendors as necessary to deliver optimum solutions.
- Manage, move, add, and change requests and configurations.
Please note, this is a Permanent role. No C2C or C2H.