As the Technology Business Manager, you will play an important role in the success of the entire technology department by helping to ensure that the department executes on its goals and initiatives while ensuring the team is aligned with the strategic objectives of the firm. You will work with senior level business stakeholders and the technology leadership team to support the strategic direction and help inform design, implementation, and services across each of the technology teams.
- Influence and drive complex conversations with stakeholders and senior leaders
- Act as a strategic advisor, provide insights and thought partnership to the senior management team
- Deliver on department wide efforts that engage broadly with the firm such as the Architecture Council
- Prioritize projects and initiatives for the department
- Provide oversight and guidance to projects of high importance to drive the stakeholder management needed for key strategic cross-functional and transformational projects
- Work with the business to understand current business and customer processes and look for opportunities to leverage technology solutions and increase automation.
- Facilitate communication across the department by developing town hall content and cadence, department-wide team lunches and other means of driving regular positive employee engagement
- Ensure that the department's key commitments to clients, regulators and other stakeholders are met in a timely and appropriate manner
- Drive technology strategy and implementation for products and service delivery
- Manage vendor relationships, software license, consultant contracts and monitor associated financial commitments in partnership with the finance procurement and vendor risk teams
- Manage the departments recruitment priority in partnership with HR, coordinate cross department level onboarding and help the leadership team drive department wide employee engagement programing
- Collaborate with the Sr. Management team to evolve technology services to better meet the holistic needs of the business today and into the future, assist in trade-off decisions and team dynamics. The successful candidate will be comfortable collaborating with Sr. Leaders from multiple disciplines to help define a multi-year strategy and providing leadership to multiple teams to accomplish Dimensional's goals, acting as coach, collaborator, and culture carrier.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a technical field such as Computer Engineering, Computer Science, etc.
- Relevant work experience driving business analysis, strategy or business management in technology departments or organizations
- Prior experience with project management, business management or operations, and implementing process improvement and change
- Understanding of software design and engineering methods, practices and patterns