A top American Investment Bank is looking to hire a VP of Operational Risk to sit in its New York office. This is a high visibility role as this person will be joining a team that is responsible for driving the execution of operational risk programs and initiatives across all areas of the bank. The bank is looking to bring in an energetic, self-starter that can act as a liaison amongst senior stakeholders, lead change management initiatives and projects across the bank and help strengthen and develop the firm's operational risk frameworks.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in Operational Risk Management, a strong background in project/program management, and excellent PowerPoint and presentation skills.
- Act as a liaison between ORM and senior stakeholders across the firm to develop and strengthen operational risk frameworks
- Identify areas for process improvement on an enterprise level and create project roadmaps with the overall goal of process optimization
- Work closely with IT, Operations, Business Management, Finance, the Front Office, Legal, Compliance, etc. to spearhead projects internally
- Lead and manage firmwide change management initiatives
- Provide recommendations and guidance to internal stakeholders on operational risk matters
- Work with leadership to manage and help lead long term strategic projects across ORM
- 5+ years of experience in Operational Risk, Audit, or Compliance
- Strong background in Project/Program Management
- Ability to present to senior stakeholder groups
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel