This Middle Market Investment Bank looking to bring on an Equity Research Analyst specializing in Biotech companies. The team is looking for someone who has a strong passion for the biotech space and has experience researching and publishing in the space. This team focuses on micro-large cap companies and the new hire would have the opportunity to work closely with the CEO of the bank, a Partner on the Research team, as well as the chance to build a team.
As a Junior Biotech Equity Research Analyst, you will play a crucial role in analyzing and evaluating investment opportunities within the biotechnology sector. This position requires a strong foundation in financial analysis, research skills, and a keen interest in the biotech industry. The ideal candidate will have a track record of past biotech equity research experience and publications.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, news, and developments within the biotech sector. Conduct in-depth research on companies, products, and technologies.
- Build and maintain financial models to analyze the financial performance and valuation of biotech companies. Perform sensitivity analyses and scenario modeling.
- Prepare comprehensive research reports and publications on biotech companies, providing insights and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor and analyze quarterly and annual earnings reports, providing insights into financial performance, market trends, and future outlook.
- Assist in the valuation of biotech companies using various methodologies such as discounted cash flow (DCF), comparable company analysis (CCA), and precedent transactions.
- Collaborate with senior analysts and communicate research findings to internal teams, clients, and external stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with key industry experts, company management, and other relevant stakeholders within the biotech sector.
- Bachelor's in biology or related field
- Previous experience in biotech equity research is required.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with proficiency in financial modeling.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented with a strong attention to accuracy.
- Series 86 and 87 and SIE licenses are required