Data Engineer - Data Pipelines (Python)
Our client, a global investment management firm specializing in quantitative and systematic strategies across financial markets require a Data Engineer to join them in London. This is a technology and data-driven organisation, building internal cutting-edge systems and high performance trading platforms.
The Data group manages the life-cycle of data used by investment for back-testing, research and trading. The Data Developer who joins this role will be working on fast paced python development teams and researchers to design, build, test and maintain data pipelines. You will transform data into time-series of actionable insights and design the models which will be exposed to quant researchers. The Data Developer will support pipelines in productions during live trading and build new frameworks, libraries and full-stack services used to build data pipelines.
- Design, implement, test and troubleshoot Python data pipelines, services and frameworks.
- Review and write technical documents for researchers and design these documents to propose new platform solutions and production support run-books
- Gain a deep understanding of the data requirements of investment research teams to deliver the right solutions
- Work and influence technologists and investment researchers to ensure data pipelines and platforms to meet evolving requirements
- Improve data platforms and reduce technical debt by working closely with data platform developers and data operations.
- Degree qualified in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related subject
- Over 2 years experience with Python
- Practical knowledge of commonly used tools and protocols such as: (FTP, SFTP, HTTP APIs, AWS s3)
- experience of analysing and organising data
- knowledge of designing, testing, optimising and troubleshooting data intensive applications
- experience of big data frameworks, databases, distributed systems, cloud of web development