We are leading a search for a Data Science Manager in the Richmond market. This individual will have the opportunity to apply their expertise for data, machine learning, and predictive analytics to develop data-powered products and advance the use of data science in high impact areas of the business.
You will have the opportunity to tap into the industry's best data to develop new algorithms and capabilities to enhance the customer buying experience.
The Data Science Manager will serve as a technical expert on the team, and will be responsible fir building out and enhancing predictive models.
- Employ a deep command of data science modeling techniques and statistics, leveraging a variety of technologies, open-source languages, and cloud computing platforms.
- Apply expertise in model design, training, evaluation, validation, and implementation.
- Design controlled experiments to assess the value of new applications.
- Partner with Product teams, Operations teams, Strategy groups and Data Engineering teams to develop new use cases for data-powered products, develop and implement tools that enhance the Customer Experience.
- Communicate with all levels throughout the organization to understand the business opportunities, explain the models, and influence change.
- Collaborate within the team to deliver high quality analytics, share best practices, and help each other learn and grow.
2-5 years of experience in the following areas:
- R, Perl, Python, Java, or other languages appropriate for large scale analysis of numerical and textual data.
- Data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools and underlying algorithms.