Director - Internal Audit
I am currently working with a top P&C Insurance Firm that is looking to add an Internal Audit Director to their team in New York City. Ideal candidates have 10+ years of experience in internal audit and strong people management skills.
In this role you will be responsible for designing and supervising the execution of financial, compliance, and operational risk management audits, ensuring audit work is performed in accordance with IIA standards and IAD policies and procedures. In addition to this, you will be directly managing a team that largely handles the execution of audit engagements, providing feedback and coaching to ensure that the delivery and execution of the IAD's broader plan is up to standard.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholder and audit senior management to clearly articulate audit strategy, testing results and corrective measures
- Review audit deliverables prepared by junior associates to make sure that they meet departmental and professional standards of quality in support of audit conclusions.
- Direct and supervise audit from inception to completion including planning, testing, issue identification, workpaper review and reporting
- 10+ years of experience in internal audit or risk management
- Understanding of audit techniques, internal controls, and workpaper standards
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or other related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of ERM and regulatory compliance practices
- CIA designation