A top Investment Bank in the New York area is looking for an experienced Director-level candidate to run their Market Risk Modeling function from both a leadership and hands-on perspective. This is a lean team of 8, who focus on model development and all market risk methodology across securitized products.
This hire will be responsible for running the firm's VaR Market Risk Methodology across Securitized Products from a hands-on function including development of quantitative risk models, model implementation, collaboration with the front office and traders, as well as effectively serving as the point person for the head of this group.
The firm is ideally looking for candidates with 7+ years of model development experience specifically within securitized products (MBS and ABS), extensive experience working with VaR models, proficiency in Python, and the ability to sit in a leadership seat.
- Developing quantitative risk models across securitized products for VaR
- Explaining models and traded products to stakeholders
- Working closely with market risk managers
- Leading and managing a team of 8
- 7+ years of model development experience with VaR and Securitized Products
- Strong quantitative skillset, being proficient in Python
- Prior leadership experience
- Extensive understanding of financial products