A top financial services firm in the NY area is looking to hire an experienced Model Validation Quant to assist their Model Validation teams in both the US and UK. This role will report directly to the Head of Model Validation, Pricing and Enterprise Risk products. These individuals will be accountable for assisting Model Validation projects, building challenger models for prototypes, researching risk sensitivity movements, leading resolution efforts for derivative pricing models, and working with clients on complex analysis and their model validation efforts.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5-12 years of working experience in Model Validation, a strong understanding of derivative pricing products, and excellent communication skills to manage relationships both internally and externally with clients.
- Lead end-to-end Model Validation efforts for the firm's Derivative Pricing and Market Risk models, specifically focusing on Interest Rate and FX Derivatives
- Work directly with internal stakeholders and clients to address Model Validation issues, and create action plans to remediate risk findings
- Assessing and remediating model issues found during the validation process
- Assisting clients in understanding and analyzing models, troubleshooting issues and bugs
- Masters or Ph.D level qualification from a leading University in a Quantitative Discipline
- 5-12 Years in Model Validation
- Strong Quantitative skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Rapid-prototyping coding tools (Python, Jupyter). Experience with C++ preferred