Our client, one of the world's largest consumer banks, is looking to hire an experienced and qualified Operational Risk Director to provide industry and product expertise in assuming full Operational Risk Oversight of the firm's consumer banking and cards business. The firm are one of the largest US consumer financial services firms with a huge consumer banking, payments and cards business that continues to go from strength to strength. As Operational Risk Director, you proactively provide advice and challenge to key stakeholders in the first line and wider business, mitigating key operational risks by ensuring an efficient risk identification, assessment, and monitoring process. You will report directly into the Global Head of Operational Risk where you will be driving a strong risk management culture whilst providing expert advice to senior leaders.
This role can be 100% remote.
The Operational Risk Director will be responsible for…
- Working closely with 1st LOD stakeholders to ensure regulatory obligations and standards are being met
- Assessing business opportunities for operational risks, providing guidance on the approval of these activities, and ensuring post completion conditions to approval are implemented effectively
- Assist in the implementation of operational risk frameworks and driving a strong risk management culture providing expert operational risk advice
- Proactively identifying operational risks and assessing the adequacy of controls to manage such risks, including recommending enhanced or additional controls
- Running Operational Risk Assessments across the consumer banking arm
- Representing your ORM department to the board and senior management
The Operational Risk Director should have the following qualifications…
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience with 10 years' experience gained in an operational risk seat within a large consumer bank or cards business
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication skills and stakeholder management skills
- Strong analytical skills