Portfolio Financing Associate
A leading hedge fund is looking to grow and bring on a Portfolio Financing Associate to their team. They have over $20B in AUM and an impressive track record. They manage investment funds on behalf of institutional investors and high-net-worth individuals. These funds employ various investment strategies to generate returns within their diverse portfolio across different asset classes.
Portfolio Financing Associate Responsibilities
- Partner with the investment team to understand changes to the portfolio and proactively manage the implications on the funds' liquidity and leverage facilities.
- Work with custodians & financing providers daily in support of the funds' various financing structures.
- Prepare weekly reporting and conduct ad-hoc analysis around fund liquidity, leverage and investment capacity.
- Assist with securities lending relationships, provide color to the desk, coordinate borrow requests, executing financing transactions, reviewing reporting, and mitigating risk.
- Ensure debt and cash are utilized efficiently across multiple funds.
- Model the impact of new financings on fund returns, leverage, capacity, and portfolio construction.
- Assist with group projects to streamline new/existing processes and reduce upstream and downstream risks.
- Collaborate closely with IT, Infrastructure, Legal and Compliance to facilitate portfolio activity and optimize financing.
Portfolio Financing Associate Requirements
- 3-5 years of experience at an asset manager, hedge fund, bank, or similar financial institution
- Direct experience with prime brokerage margin finance, swap, repo, securities lending, or general fund finance
- Strong Excel skills
- Possess strong attention to detail and ability to analyze complex data sets.
- Familiarity with liquidity management, general fund finance, and credit products (bank loans and bonds) a plus
- Excellent verbal communication and relationship management skills
- Ability or experience project managing. Must possess the ability and willingness to be self-sufficient at times.
- Flexible, quick learner who thrives while multi-tasking in a challenging and rapidly evolving environment