A leading energy business is expanding their commercial team and is looking to bring onboard an experienced and driven teamplayer with experience in market operations and trading in the power market.
The position plays a key role in trading, settlement and verification of power and gas data for the team. The incumbent will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to manage the power trading and market operations activities.
* Perform daily market operations involving prompt trading, generation of post day reporting, settlement/ verification of power and gas data.
* Employ analysis tools to identify opportunities, make proper and sound recommendation on trading decisions to optimize revenue.
* Constantly conduct market analysis and gather competitive intelligence on the underlying supply and demand forces and market conditions that impact the electricity market dynamics.
* Ensure all processes and transactions are consistent with the market rules, company's risk management guidelines and procedures.
* To be involved in the development/enhancement of new offer submission system, including liaising with vendor pertaining to the requirements of the desired system.
* Assist in constantly reviewing and enhancing business processes for the team to perform its function more effectively, productively, and reduce errors.
* Maintain close coordination with internal and external stakeholders to resolve any issues related to power market operations.
The Ideal Candidate
* Degree in Business or Engineering related discipline.
* Good operations experience of power plant or good understanding of Singapore electricity and natural gas market desirable (training will be provided for junior candidates)
* Meticulous worker with excellent analytical and numerical skills who can handle large amount of data sets.
* Willing to take on standby duties as required.
* Candidates with strong experiences will be considered for a Team Lead position.
Please click Apply if you have the relevant experience and passion for the above position!