I am currently working with a $15BN AUM Hedge Fund in New York that is actively looking to build out its core Machine Learning and Data Science team by taking on a junior to mid-level Data Scientist to assist the group in supporting quantitative investment strategy development and conduct research as to innovative ML/NLP models.
They are looking for individuals who are able to boast a strong skill set utilizing a variety of ML or NLP techniques to conduct research and analysis on large structured and unstructured as to formulate data-driven insights to solve research problems, and those who have experience developing and deploying data pipelines and ML/Text models. Ideally, this individual is coming from an extremely technical PhD research background with experience working in the Data Science space or fresh out of their graduate program. This is a great opportunity to work within a highly technical, data-driven team to conduct work across both ML and quantitative research!
- Collaborate with other members of the team to evaluate and analyze large structured and unstructured data sets to produce data-driven insights on financial data to influence quantitative investment strategy development
- Independently and collaboratively formulate research problems to develop and evaluate innovative modeling techniques utilizing ML and NLP techniques
- Develop and implement large-scale data pipelines and ML models using financial data to develop scalable data capabilities
- PhD in a quantitative field (e.g., mathematics, finance, economics, physics, computer science)
- 0-2 years of experience developing and implementing scalable ML models or LLMs utilizing statistical techniques and conducting large scale data analysis on both structured and unstructured data to generate insight for research problems
- Strong programming capabilities within Python and SQL
- Experience working with financial data is a plus
- Excellent communication skills to provide both fundamental and quantitative teams with clear communication as to data insights