A retail energy firm is hiring a Renewables Portfolio Analyst to join their team in Houston.
This individual will wear multiple hats across risk, trading and hedging, renewables regulatory/compliance, and technology teams. Very interestingly, this individual will be responsible for hedge trading to assist in balancing the book, especially around retired assets and need for more RECs.
The core of the role will focus on risk and compliance analytics for the energy portfolio for C&I, Multi State/Enterprise, and Small Businesses. The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of RECs, ERCOT/PJM/NE power markets, and work closely with the sales and trading teams to procure new RECs when needed to balance the book.
Given the huge increase in renewable energy development and the ever changing regulations, this is a dynamic role with a fast paced mandate. You will have an immediate impact on the business while partnering across multiple teams.
- 3+ years of experience at a renewable energy supply/trading firm
- Direct market risk, trading, or regulatory/compliance experience with renewable power/RECs
- Commercial mindset and ability to work in a front office-facing role
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel/SQL; experience with Python/Tableau preferred