A boutique firm based in New York, acknowledged for its expertise in risk management and insurance advisory services, is currently seeking to expand its team. The firm has a specific focus on serving the private equity and alternative investment community. The open positions include an Analyst and an AVP, both aimed at supporting key decision-makers in some of the largest and most intricate investment firms and corporations globally. Successful candidates for these roles will play a pivotal part in assisting professionals across diverse fields and cultivating direct working relationships with all members of the firm. With a robust client base that spans over 90 private equity firms, hedge funds, distressed investors, and various global portfolio company assets, the firm offers a unique opportunity for individuals to contribute to its growth and make a meaningful impact in the industry.
These positions would involve identifying and analyzing potential exposures from client operations and relationships with service providers, vendors, and customers. Additionally, the responsibilities involve strategically managing insurance and risk renewals, reviewing contracts for compliance with risk management requirements, negotiating insurance placement terms, analyzing loss data, and collaborating with various teams to make decisions on settlement strategies and claim matters.
- Coordinate new diligence campaigns by collecting risk management data and assessing existing risk finance programs.
- Collaborate with client's finance, legal, and human resource teams to ensure complete data and address missing elements in collaboration with the target or their investment advisor.
- Analyze historical insurance policies for coverage deficiencies, adequacy of limits, and insurer solvency; provide comments on elements impacting transaction value and create budgetary guidelines.
- Review historical expenses and loss accruals with the finance and accounting team to identify potential earnings issues.
- Address "critical flaws" impacting the transaction, working with client legal team on coverage or contractual risk management issues in the purchase agreement.
- Comprehensive understanding of core lines in Property & Casualty renewals for middle-market accounts.
- Proficiency in contract review and diversified background in Property & Casualty, including ancillary lines.
- Expertise in reading and analyzing insurance policies, particularly in General Liability and Property, along with a strong grasp of Loss Sensitive programs, collateral calculations, and the ability to handle accounts independently, covering various sizes (small package, middle market, large international).
- 1-5 years of experience in underwriting, risk, data analytics or claims management.