Job title: Client Services Engineer/Python Developer/Solutions Engineer/Sales Engineer
Work Model: remote/hybrid - can wfh when not visiting client offices or when there aren't important meetings.
- Must be based in New York and willing to visit clients' offices as required, including some international travel.
Comp: 200k-325k Total Compensation depending on seniority
Summary: A third party trading platform focused on data analytics and risk management is seeking a Client Service Engineer to work on a variety of client-focused engagements including onboarding and implementation of the Platform and helping our clients get the most value from their product. You'll write code that will solve our clients' problems, and you may also contribute to our product itself through design input and code. **NEED TO BE STRONG WITH PYTHON**
- Understand and keep up to date with both our product and our client landscape as they evolve
- Provide on-boarding and integration guidance for clients - including discovery conversations with clients, architecting the design, considerations of data flows and end-user functionality, etc.
- Originate solutions that will help our licensed clients make the most of their investment in us
- Partner with the Product Engineering and Project Management teams to provide a resource of technical expertise for our clients
- Develop code in collaboration with clients to prototype and develop solutions for their business needs
- Gather feedback from clients relating to our product and ensure this is consolidated and distributed to appropriate internal teams in a timely manner
- Extend our internal codebase where appropriate in response to client priorities
- Contribute to Training Strategy - through development of training material and also delivery of standard and bespoke client training
- Collaborate with the Sales and PreSales Engineering teams to foster and advance key prospective client relationships, including assistance with pre-sales meetings where appropriate
- Support growth by improving ability to onboard new clients and to support more clients. This includes developing re-usable internal tools, improving documentation and resources available to clients.
Required Skills & Approach:
- 7+ years of professional experience in the financial industry, including client facing experience
- Trading and Risk management experience in an Investment Bank, Asset Management or Currencies and Commodities environment
- Strong numerate foundation and 5+ years experience in Python programming development
- Knowledge of technology infrastructure, functional dependencies and business requirements of financial institutions
- The ability to bring appropriate knowledge and creativity to clients' challenges and specify concrete proposals to meet their goals
- Ability to identify blockers to project success and find ways to unblock them
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to articulate technical details to both peers and non-technical stakeholders
- Good presentation skills
- Experience leading projects across teams and regions
Preferred Skills & Approach:
- Prior hands-on familiarity with SecDb at Goldman Sachs, Athena at JP Morgan or Quartz at Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Familiarity with AWS, and other modern public cloud platforms
- Knowledge of project, change, and relationship management principles and practices
About Client Engineering:
Client-focused firm in everything it does, and the Client Engineering team is at the forefront of delivering the product and great service to clients. Aim to be a trusted partner for clients, working collaboratively to solve their problems and create value by helping them get the best out of our Platform. Focused on new client onboarding, implementation and training services, and working closely with our colleagues in Product Engineering and Project Management, we play a strategic role to help grow and channel client feedback to enhance our product.