Senior Developer, Core Infrastructure
A leading Global Hedge Fund currently in search for a Senior Developer to join their Core Engineering team that will focus on evangelizing architecture standards and applying cloud best practices. You'll be working with Development and Portfolio Management teams acting as SME for AWS, Kubernetes, and DevOps strategy & approach. This is a high level, hands on role working on designing software and infrastructure solutions.
As an Engineer in Core Engineering at BAM, you will:
- Provide the platform and best practices for both development and portfolio management teams to properly monitor, build, test, and release their code into production.
- Build relationships with business and technology partners to provide a cohesive technology foundation for our teams to grow upon.
- Evangelize the firm's DevOps & Cloud strategy and approach.
- Design software and infrastructure solutions, leveraging best in breed from all.
- Advise and consult on AWS, Kubernetes and Cloud Native best practices.
- Write code in Python: to solve challenges, deliver demonstrations, build reusable components and optimize existing applications is a core part of this role.
- Experience crafting communications for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Expert knowledge of cloud native technologies such as Kubernetes, serverless, AWS, storage, data management, containerization
- Expert knowledge of source control systems (Git) and best practices for use
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Expert knowledge in Python development
- Experience with immutable infrastructure, infrastructure automation and provisioning tools, such as AWS CloudFormation or Terraform
- Strong knowledge of Linux administration particularly RHEL and CentOS
- Operational understanding of networking concepts, architecture, and best practices, especially as it relates to hybrid cloud integration
- Contributions to open-source libraries, projects, or communities
- Any AWS and Kubernetes resource specializations
- Public cloud architecture and strategy planning experience
- Any Kubernetes resource specializations or certifications