- Investment Counselors joining will be distinguished and highly accomplished at establishing, growing and managing investment relationships with ultra-high net worth clients. They should be experienced in the implementation and oversight of investment solutions, and in providing advice and guidance on markets and actionable investment ideas. Appropriate candidates will possess the credibility to cultivate trusting relationships with existing ultra-high net worth clients, and should be entrepreneurial and capable of bringing in new clients/investment relationships. Candidates for the position should be collaborative and team oriented, able to leverage a wide array of internal partners.
An individual in this role will be expected to:
- Function as the primary client contact and trusted investment advisor for clients, including direct selling , determining suitability, identifying product specific opportunities, portfolio advice and after sales execution (in partnership with the Banker team)
- Leverage existing client relationships, local network and investment experience to introduce new ultra-high net worth clients to the bank.
- Build and manage a successful practice centered on deepening relationships by providing potential and existing clients with appropriate investment advice and solutions.
- Combine in depth knowledge of traditional and alternative investments with wealth planning and private banking services to optimize client service and cross-marketing opportunities.
- Work across currencies, asset classes, markets and jurisdictions
- Engage and advise clients on brokerage activity and execute trades seamlessly.
- Actively look for cross sell opportunities in others areas of the bank, in particular lending, trust and institutional markets solutions, etc.
- Partner with Bankers to prospect for new investment business
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding the company, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.