Key responsibilities of the Risk analyst position:
- Reporting of both physical and financial positions of physical Oil
- Calculating the VaR for Oil and executing the stress tests.
- Monitoring of P&L and market exposure for all physical books.
- Working to maintain risk metrics, eg. VaR and Stress testing.
- Responsible for supporting front office desks in their reaction to market risks and development of new products.
Key requirements of the Risk analyst position:
- Exposure to market risk within an Oil or Gas company.
- A sound knowledge of VBA, Knowledge of python is beneficial but not essential.
- Experience of risk metrics such a VaR, Stress testing and Scenario Analysis.
- Understanding of commodity options on physical assets including storage, swing, optimisation, optionally in physical oil terms.
- Good Knowledge of the market risk/ product control role from trading companies or banks.
- Willing to be based in London.