Senior Site Reliability Engineer
A global leading proprietary trading firm is searching for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join their team in Chicago. Combining in-depth research, advanced technology, and intellectually-curious technologists, this firm strives to be a technology-driven leader within proprietary trading. As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you'll be working alongside Software and DevOps Engineers on the continuous improvement of the trading infrastructure having a significant impact across the firm.
Bringing your SRE expertise, you'll be responsible for working within a greenfield environment to automate processes, promote new technologies to ensure efficiency, and set the standard for technical practices moving forward. Apply to learn more about the opportunity and the firm!
Senior Site Reliability Engineer qualifications & responsibilities:
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of professional experience and at least a Bachelor's degree from a reputable Computer Science program
- Professional experience with having an SRE mindset
- Experience working in fast-paced environments within low-latency and real-time systems.
- Working knowledge of Python, C++ or any other object-oriented programming language
- Experience with Ansible, Salt, Puppet or competing technologies
- Experience with the configuration, deployment, orchestration, and monitoring of systems of considerable scale and complexity
- Experience using DevOps toolsets/mindset, including CI/CD, configuration management and containerization
- Experience with large-scale automated testing and releases
- Experience with Monitoring technologies (like Zabbix/ITRS Geneos)
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.