A Top American Investment Bank in the NY area is looking to hire an experienced Senior-level Market Risk Manager to cover all market risk associated with their North American Rates Trading business, with a specific focus on Non-Linear Rates products. This role will serve as the right hand to the Head of the Group and offer leadership experience.
This hire will work closely with senior management and traders on all market risk exposures across non-linear rates products (swaptions, mortgage options, derivatives, structured notes, inflation products, etc). The position will be very senior-facing, serving as the right hand to the Head of the Group, so excellent communication skills and extensive product knowledge is needed. Some of the responsibilities will be risk limit setting and monitoring, analyzing all portfolio risks, building risk analysis, reviewing model changes, and providing mentorship to junior members of this lean team.
The bank is ideally looking for candidates with candidates with at least 5+ years of Market Risk experience covering Rates products with strong relationship management and communication skills.
- Cover all Market Risk for the NA Rates Trading Desk, specifically non linear rates products (swaptions, mortgage options, structured notes, inflation products)
- Working closely and communicating effectively with traders and the Front Office, serving as the right hand to the Head of the Group
- Ensuring all reported risk exposures are correct, and covering main drivers of risk and potential PnL
- Working closely with Modelling teams to review and validate model changes
- Providing leadership to junior members of the team
- 5+ years of Market Risk experience covering Rates products
- Extensive product knowledge (non linear rates/mortgage/derivatives)
- Strong relationship management and communication skills, and the ability to work with senior management and the front office effectively
- Proficiency in performing own risk analysis