A global leading hedge fund is seeking to bring on a Sr. Network Engineer who can hit the ground running with identifying automation needs within the businesses network infrastructure and bridging the gap between software developers and traders regarding network functions.
You will strive on this team and in this firm if you love to push the boundaries with your technical innovative ideas and love to solve complex problems. If you're passionate about building upon and improving the existing infrastructure, then please don't hesitate to apply in to learn more about the opportunity!
- Design and maintain static and dynamic routed networks at a large scale
- Ability to work on a local and global scale
- Integrate custom hardware (FPGA) with complementary network solutions for maximum effectiveness.
- Troubleshoot Layer 1 through Layer 4 issues with equipment counters and packet captures.
- Gather and analyze both requirements and data to create customized, purpose-built networks.
- Rationalize and modify routing properties to increase efficiency and achieve business goals.
- Serve as an escalation point for level 2/3 network support and vendor technical assistance.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a network engineer and / or network architect
- Extensive experience working within the financial services.
- Multicast/TCP/IP experience
- Hands on experience in a multi-vendor environment
- Proficiency with scripting languages (Perl, Python, etc.) and data models (SQL, etc.).
- Understanding of the Linux operating system.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or a similar field required.
- MS or higher in an engineering discipline is preferred.
- Relevant vendor certification (CCNP, CCIE, JNCIP, etc.) is highly preferred.